About Our Program
Thunder LB3 has access to the best players in the state. Our program is building for the future and featuring 5 regions of Elite Youth Teams and Select High School teams allows us to field and coach the best players from across the Peach State.
The Thunder Regional team goals are to develop players at both the High School and Youth level as the growth of the game spreads across Georgia. The Youth Regional Teams are Elite Teams in all 5 regions; we are looking for the best youth players in the state of Georgia. The Elite Youth teams will build the strong foundation for the Future Elite HS teams. The High School Regional teams will be Select teams that will compete at the top local Fall/Summer Events. The Regional programs offer local access to fields and practices for families, a cost-friendly monthly installment membership at lower rates and a local tournament schedule. Regional players may also be selected for a High School All-Star teams or Youth National Team opportunities. Our plan is to put together regional play days and follow the Thunder LB3 curriculum to promote fun, dedication, and commitment to the program.
- Youth Elite Teams with 22 man rosters
- High School Select Teams with 22 man rosters
- Regional players will participate in a minimum of 20 practices throughout the Fall & Summer
- All teams will travel to the top local tournaments
- All players do position specific training
- Allows for multi-sport athletes to participate
- All Regional teams will compete in local play days and combine for practices during the fall and summer season
- Elite Youth Teams invited to tryout for National Team Tryouts “Naptown Challenge” in July
- Select High School Teams invited to tryout for All-Star Team to play in a recruiting event “Apex Invitational” in July
Regional Team Coaching Staff:
- Consist of Georgia High School Head and Assistant Coaches, Thunder LB3 Alumni and current college players
- All coaches have NCAA DI,II, III playing experience
The Thunder Regional Teams will be divided
into two general classifications by age:
Youth and Middle School (3RD TO 8TH GRADE)
Youth and Middle School teams are for the 22 best players in each region to compete on the same team under the direction of our coaches while developing within the Thunder LB3 curriculum. The focus of these teams will be to work with the most skilled and committed youth and middle school players so that they are prepared for the demands of varsity level competition, and possibly college lacrosse. These teams are not recreational level lacrosse and will require an age-appropriate level focus and drive in order to succeed. We are looking for highly motivated Youth and Middle School players who want to train and compete with the best players in the region. Players selected to a Youth/MS Regional team will also be eligible for consideration to compete on the Thunder National Team which will compete at the prestigious NLF event in July. We expect that the best players from Thunder Regional teams will be prepared for the Thunder LB3 teams once they advance to high school play.
High School (9TH TO 11TH GRADE)
Thunder High School Teams are designed for emerging players who want to improve their skills, play in local events and have an opportunity to attend regional recruiting events. The High School program is for players motivated to develop quickly under the direction of our coaches and have an impact at the high school varsity level and possibly play in college. The High School program is not a recreational team, as these teams will compete locally and throughout the region. The High School Thunder Regional program offers a reasonable option for those with the drive to learn and compete at a high level without the demands of the Thunder LB3 Elite program.